We thought it would be fun to show you how the January sales looked 30 years ago (see video below), when the lure of great discounts could bring the masses to your store.
But for January 2015, with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and even Panic Saturday promotions fresh in shoppers' minds, you're going to need more than just great prices to ensure your January sales don't fizzle out before January even starts.
So, here are our tips on how to use Social Selling to make your New Year sales a lasting success.
First, a look at how we used to do January sales in 1984:
Here are our top five Social Selling tips for January 2015:
1. Involve your social audience early. As we approach the tail end of December use Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to ask your audience what they want to see in your sales. Make them feel like they’re curating the campaign.
2. Sometimes less is more. It’s tempting to launch all your offers on day one, but hold some back. Treat them as mini-marketing campaigns and launch them regularly throughout the entire campaign.
3. Make some of your offers exclusive to your social audience. Exclusive, high-discount and low volume will create buzz and excitement. Launch them mid-way through the January sales and you’ll get people talking about your campaign again.
4. Get shoppers in the first 2-weeks of a sale to ‘bounce-back’ by giving them an exclusive deal only available in the final two weeks of the sale.
5. Reward your social audience with offers, but offers that they need to earn. Unlock exclusives when enough shoppers commit. Dynamically drop the price as more people buy. Add to the offer as each new shopper joins.
We would love to show you the innovative Social Selling campaigns we've powered for companies as diverse as NBCUniversal, EE, O2, Tesco, Oasis and Debenhams. If you'd like to see a demo of our award winning Social Selling platform just drop us a line.
Recent Buyapowa Client Activity: