Welcome to our next Co-buy! With our partners buyapowa, we have launched Mirror Bargain Power so YOU can club together with like-minded people to get amazing discounts on branded goods. Co-buys are flash sales with a twist: basically, the more people who join this co-buy while it's open, the lower the price will become. Once the co-buy closes, though, everyone pays the final price (with FREE P&P). In other words: the prices drop when you unite to shop!
2012 has truly been a great year for Great Britain. Aside from Her Maj's stunning Diamond Jubilee, we also hosted what has been considered one of the greatest Olympic Games ever. Even those of us who couldn't usually give a monkey's about sport were thoroughly gripped throughout the summer, and this official commemorative 5-disc DVD box set is the perfect way to relive it all (If you have a Blu-Ray player, why not get it in glorious HD with the Blu-Ray box set?). What's more, you could get it now for as much as 50% off!
It was the Olympic Games we will never forget; an extraordinary event in Britain’s history with intense drama, sporting brilliance and heart-wrenching emotion. Capturing the key moments of the Games, including a specially-edited version of the entire Opening Ceremony from Director Danny Boyle, over seven hours of sporting highlights and the full Closing Ceremony; these day-by-day highlights relive the triumphs, moving stories and memories that will live on forever.
Experience once again the magnificent performances from outstanding athletes such as Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Chris Hoy and Jessica Ennis. Marvel at the many amazing achievements, including Mo Farah’s double gold, Oscar Pistorius’ Olympic Games debut and Nicola Adams’ gold in the boxing ring. Relive Team GB’s 29 gold medal triumphs and recapture the moments which made these Olympic Games so special; from the electrifying atmosphere in the stadium on ‘Super Saturday’ to Gemma Gibbons’ tearful judo dedication and the pure emotion of swimmer Chad le Clos’ father.
Don't forget to tell all your friends and followers via Facebook and Twitter about this co-buy so we can get to the best possible price! And remember: if you bring more people into the co-buy than anyone else and it sells out, you could receive yours for free.
5 Disc Box Set includes:
The Opening Ceremony Part 1
The spectacular Opening Ceremony was an unforgettable start to the London 2012 Olympic Games. In this exclusive director’s cut by Danny Boyle, we relive the entire ceremony in all its splendour. This is also accompanied by a fascinating audio commentary by Danny Boyle and writer Frank Cottrell Boyce where they reveal for the first time, in detail, how they orchestrated this spectacular event, providing a unique insight into the journey through British history.
The Opening Ceremony - Part 2
Sporting Highlights (Days 1-6)
- Team GB’s first medal from Lizzie Armitstead
- The first gold from rowers Helen Glover and Heather Stanning
- The imperious time trial by Bradley Wiggins
- Michael Phelps’ record 19th Olympic medal
- Clare Balding’s emotional interview with Bert le Clos
Sporting Highlights (Days 7-10)
- Katherine Grainger’s long awaited gold
- Victoria Pendleton wins stunning gold
- Andy Murray’s emotional victory
- Ben Ainslie wins historic 4th gold
- Beth Tweddle wins bronze on the bars
- Usain Bolt successfully defends his 100m Olympic title
- The electric atmosphere in the stadium on ‘Super Saturday’ when Ennis, Farah and Rutherford all win gold
Sporting Highlights (Days 11-16)
- The Brownlee brothers’ triathlon glory
- Usain Bolt completes his historic Olympic treble
- Chris Hoy’s record 6th gold medal
- Nicola Adams punches her way to the first women’s boxing gold
- The incredible tension at Greenwich Park for Team GB’s dressage victory
- The world record-breaking US sprint relay
- Tom Daley celebrates a sensational bronze
- Sam Murray secures the 65th and final medal for Team GB
Exclusive Opening Ceremony Extras
- Isles of Wonder Deconstructed: The Thames is “liquid history”. Discover how the visual effects team created a thrilling animated journey up the river from its source, to the Olympic stadium itself - passing sights real and imaginary.
- Nimrod: The sound of the shipping forecast and billowing blue sheets transform our meadow into “an isle of wonder”, to the stirring sound of Elgar’s Nimrod, as played by the London Symphony Orchestra’s On Track project.
- Frank Turner in the Green and Pleasant Land: Frank Turner’s acoustic songs performed in the stadium perfectly captured the atmosphere of a long summer evening.
- Thanks Tim Projection House: This ambitious section celebrates the amazing technology that makes us dance, helps us communicate, commute, remember, and dream and most of all fall in love.
The London 2012 Olympic Games ended in style with a celebration of music and sporting achievement, created by Kim Gavin. It marked the end of an amazing chapter in London’s life and featured an array of British artists from the last 50 years including Eric Idle, The Kinks, The Spice Girls and Jessie J.
- Duration: 15 hours approx
- Subtitles: English for hard of hearing
- Region: 2
|1. Top Gun Monkey |
Referred: 3 Co-Buyers
Speed in: 00:03:54
|2. Football Monkey|
Referred: 2 Co-Buyers
Speed in: 05:42:46
|3. Caitlin Richardson|
Referred: 1 Co-Buyers
Speed in: 00:07:34
by setting up your
the most referrals is
CREATE YOUR PROFILE
1. Personal Details
Continue with existing account:Login with Facebook